Another soccer shooting drill, Pressure Shots helps players become accustomed to taking a shot on goal quickly. Also a great soccer fitness drill, players will improve their muscular endurance as well as work on their control skills.
1. Five players per drill group are needed as well as 8 soccer balls and one flag. All play for this drill will take place in the penalty area. The distance from player E to the cone is about 5 yards.
2. On your whistle player A passes to player E.
3. Next, E immediately shoots at the goal and runs around the cone.
4. Always in continuous motion, E will then receive a pass from player B and so on.
5. Once player E has repeated the cycle 2 times the drill ends.
Points of Emphasis
Pressure Shots is a finishing soccer drill. Players should become comfortable with receiving a pass and taking a shot quickly. A pass should be received, controlled, and shot in split-second time. Instruct players to…
– (passers) concentrate on giving a sharp, on-grass pass to the shooter in a position in which the shooter can best take a shot.
– (passers) keep their head in the drill – Pressure Shots is as much of a drill for the passers as it is the shooters.
– encourage the ball receiving player, E, to occasionally point to where he/she would like the ball to be passed.
As players gain an understanding of the game, further variations include:
1. Requiring shooters to take shots with both feet.
2. Adding more than 4 passers – 5 or 6 is possible or even more.
3. Requiring passing players to pass with both feet.
Motivation / Teaching Tips
Tip #1 – Instruct the shooter to occasionally change running speeds
when receiving the ball and taking shots.
Tip #2 – Reward a player who makes all of his shots and also
reward passers for making passes the receiver can handle.
Tip #3 – Players like competition, so reward a player that scores
the highest number of successful goals.
Thanks to http://www.surefiresoccer.com, I feel like I have become better.
your drills are very useful
this drill is really good used it befor and the team i coach is really happy with it this drill can be used in all diffrent sports thanks for this
THIS MOVE ARE SO EASY
THE BEAST AT SOCCER
Just did this drill with my U11 boys as part of our preseason training. They loved the drill and each one was gassed by the 8th ball. They all love to shoot on goal and I think they each took a sick pleasure in seeing their teammates struggle to finish when it was their turn.
This was a unanimous like by the team.